If you’re going to be working a larger job or for an outdoor cleanup company then a gas-powered hedge trimmer is going to be a great option for you. They have the power to get through larger branches, meaning you don’t have to worry about being slowed down.
As the name states, these trimmers are powered by a mixture of gasoline and oil, so you will need to make sure you have plenty of fuel around so you can finish your job without the hassle of having to go get more.
Gas trimmers can often be a little more expensive than the electric varieties, but they can also have the capability to trim branches that are up to 1” thick. For the most part, this isn’t a feature that is shared among any other kind of trimmer.
Best Gas Hedge Trimmer
If you are after a commercial grade hedge trimmer, this is a great choice. This machine is built for durability. We like that you are able to choose between 3 different blade lengths.
- Tanaka 21.1cc commercial grade...
- 5 position rear handle for...
- Forward-facing exhaust...
- 30" commercial dual...
- 4-point, spring mounted...
Gas Hedge Trimmer Reviews
When you need a lot of power, a gas hedge trimmer is going to be the way to go. While many corded electric trimmers can come close, they still won’t quite measure up to the strength and portability of a gas-powered hedge trimmer. Many professionals rely on gas-powered trimmers because they have the strength and durability to get through even the toughest of jobs.
You may find yourself wondering what kind of trimmer would work best for you. If you are working on a large parcel of land or for an outdoor cleanup company, then it would be a good idea to take a look into a gas-powered trimmer, as they are made to make the larger jobs easier on you and much faster than trying to complete the task manually. If, however, you only need a trimmer for small- to medium-sized jobs around the home then it may be a good idea to look at other options as well.
This article is going to take a look into some of the most popular gas-powered trimmers available on the market in order to help you make a decision about which kind of trimmer will meet your needs. The specs, as well as some pros and cons of each model will be listed so that you can clearly see what each trimmer is capable of doing for you, and what things to look out for so that you can be in the know ahead of time.
- Tanaka 21.1cc commercial grade 2-cycle engine for maximum reliability and durability
- 5 position rear handle for maximum comfort and maneuverability
- Forward-facing exhaust prevents burnt hedges
- 30" commercial dual reciprocating blades
- 4-point, spring mounted anti-vibration system provides longer operation with less fatigue
- High Quality: This trimmer is well-built so that it can withstand tough jobs. It’s made with very high-quality materials that will make it an incredibly reliable tool for years to come. Reliability is vastly important with tools like these because you want to be certain your hard-earned money is going towards something that will be beneficial to you in the long run, and save you money over calling in a professional.
- Powerful: This is a heavy-duty trimmer made to be long-lasting and to power you through your tasks, even if you’re dealing with branches that may not have been trimmed in years or even ever. It has long blades fueled by a lot of power, allowing it the strength needed to cut through thicker branches than many other trimmers.
- Warranty: This model comes with a 2-year warranty, which represents the belief the company has in their product. You’ll have all that time to get used to the model and if there are any problems, have them taken care of in a timely and efficient manner. After all, good customer service is just as important as having a quality product.
- Heavy: Being such a heavy-duty product, naturally this model has some weight to it. It’s a good idea to make sure you’ll be able to wield the tool, and take breaks when needed. Some models may also come with straps or other accessories to help support the weight of the machine.
- Breakage: There have been some problems with breakage on this trimmer. More specifically, the fuel line has been known to come apart after not much use. Keep an eye on your trimmer and make sure you aren’t using more fuel than is necessary to get the job done. Luckily, it should be an easy fix alongside the warranty provided.
This trimmer comes with a 21.1cc 2-cycle engine capable of cutting down even the most troublesome of branches. It has a forward-facing exhaust meant to keep the fumes away from your face. This model comes with 30” commercial-grade dual reciprocating blades. It also comes with a spring mounted anti-vibration system so that you don’t have to worry about the numbness or strain in your arms that can come from vibrations that are too strong. There is also a 5-position rear handle, helping you to keep control of the machine for the most precise cutting capability.
- 21.2 cc professional-grade, 2-stroke engine for outstanding performance; Commercial-duty air filtration system for long engine life; Large rear handle provides comfort and great control; Tool-less air filter cover for easy access
- 20" double-sided, double-reciprocating RazorEdgeTM blades are precision ground and laser cut for long-lasting sharpness; Large ergonomic front handle with safety guard for increased comfort and control; Rigid support bar allows straighter and more precise cuts
- Powerful: This machine is designed to be powerful and effective, cutting down your time spent working so that you can focus on other things. You won’t need to worry too much about branches being too thick or unruly for this trimmer. It will cut through big and small alike, and leave you plenty of time for things you enjoy.
- Heavy Duty: This model is made with quality, heavy-duty parts meant to keep you from having to worry about it being easily damaged. Trimming can be a tough job, and you want a tough machine to help you do it. Not many people want to stop to work on their tool multiple times while trying to get a job completed. This trimmer will make sure that you can focus on the job alone so that you can finish up quickly and efficiently.
- Easy to start: You won’t have to worry about spending a great deal of time trying to get this model started. You can easily get going after just a pull or two and be able to focus most of your time on the task at hand. Nobody wants to waste time trying to just get their machine going, and with this trimmer you won’t have to.
- Breakage: There have been a few known problems with parts on this trimmer breaking. If you’re interested in this machine, make sure you are familiar with the conditions of the warranty prior to your purchase so that you know the quickest and easiest ways to get your machine repaired or replaced if need be. Luckily most hedge trimmer models come with a warranty that lasts at least a couple of years, letting you know the company will be there for you should something go wrong with the machine.
The Echo hedge trimmer comes with a 21.2cc 2-stroke engine and a commercial-quality air filtration system. This system will make sure that your machine is running smoothly and cleanly while you complete your tasks. It also comes with two large handles, one on the rear and one on the front, which are designed to help you keep a solid grip on your machine. This model also has an easy-to-open filter cover designed to allow you to change or clean out the filter without the need of added tools. It also comes loaded with 20” double-sided blades made to cut through most branches with little effort.
Poulan Pro PP2822
- 28cc engine
- 22-inch cutting length
- Swivel position handle allows you to change positions for a more comfortable and secure grip.
- Dual sided, serrated blades
- Powerful: This trimmer really packs a punch, giving you a much easier time getting through your tasks so that you can focus your time on other things. Nobody wants to spend all day trying to give their hedges that perfect look, and this machine will make sure you get the job done as efficiently as possible. It will have little trouble getting through thicker branches, meaning you don’t have to struggle.
- Swivel Handle: The rotating ability on the handle of this trimmer allows you to keep a firm grip, even if you are trimming tricky areas that require the trimmer to be at an odd angle. This allows you to accomplish more without having to use any extra tools to get into the more difficult spots. One tool to do it all means less strain on you. It also means less time putting away a ladder or manual trimmer afterwards in addition to your hedge trimmer.
- Quick: The power on this trimmer will allow you to zoom through your tasks, giving you a little bit of added free time to pursue other projects or simply relax. Hedge trimming isn’t the most fun task for most people, so getting done quickly is always a benefit.
- Problems starting: This trimmer has been known to have problems starting at times. Before purchasing, it would be a good idea to be familiar with the terms and conditions of the warranty, just in case it needs to be repaired. The problem isn’t frequent, but it’s always better to be safe than sorry.
- Heavy: With gas-powered trimmers, it can be difficult to make models that are very lightweight because the fuel mixture they require will always add to that weight. It’s a good idea to make sure you are capable of lifting the weight of this trimmer with the fuel, for the time it takes to get your tasks completed; also make sure to take breaks as needed.
This trimmer comes with 22” dual-action blades ready to cut through even the toughest branches in your yard. It has a 28cc two-stroke engine, giving it a little bit more for your money than many other hedge trimmer models. This particular model also comes with a lightweight design to allow you to maneuver and lift it easily without putting too much strain on your back and arms. It also has a comfort-touch handle and a swivel-position rotating handle, which lets you keep a steady grip no matter which direction you happen to be cutting in.
Frequently Asked Questions
Last update on 2018-11-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API