The corded electric hedge trimmer is going to be next up in terms of the amount of power the trimmer has. Oftentimes, these trimmers can come very close to the power of a gas-powered trimmer.
They also have an unlimited supply of power due to being connected to an outlet while they run. The only downfalls to this kind of trimmer is that you will need to make sure you have an extension cord that will reach the area that you need to work in, with a little give, so that you can easily maneuver.
It’s also important to keep track of the cord at all times, as it is a relatively common occurrence for people to accidentally cut through it with the trimmer.
Many of these trimmers can cut branches up to 3/4” in thickness, making them suitable for a wide variety of jobs. For the most part, anywhere you can get an extension cord to, this trimmer will be able to work efficiently.
Another important thing to remember is that gas-powered hedge trimmers are a more suitable option if you are working in wet weather. Electrical hedge trimmers are not safe for this, so it’s important to note that if you’ll often need to be working in damp conditions, a gas-powered trimmer is the best choice.
Best Corded Electric Hedge Trimmer
This cordless hedge trimmer is powerful enough to keep up with its corded and gas powered brothers, at least for homeowners. Great value for money.
- 22-inch dual-action blades cut...
- For cuting branches up to 3/4...
- Pre-hardened, rust resistant...
- Ideal for trimming of formal...
Corded Electric Hedge Trimmer Reviews
When you want an environment-friendly tool that doesn’t cause you to sacrifice on power, an electric hedge trimmer is going to be a great option. These trimmers come in two varieties—corded and cordless. While they both offer zero emissions as well as a decent level of power, there are a few key differences between them.
Corded electric hedge trimmers are typically more powerful, but some battery-powered models come very close. The corded models also offer an unlimited supply of power, whereas a battery is capable of running out and will need to be recharged. Many corded models also have a cord lock to keep the cord in check. Some locks may keep the cord from becoming easily unplugged, while others may allow you to store the cord more easily while not in use. It is important to keep track of the cord at all times while using a corded hedge trimmer, as it does have the potential to come unplugged or be accidentally cut through.
Battery-powered hedge trimmers don’t have that problem because they are cordless. All you need is to make sure your battery is charged and ready to go prior to starting your work. Batteries can run out, however so it’s important to find one with a battery that will last long enough to complete your tasks. Both types of electric hedge trimmers offer the benefit of being quieter than their gas-powered cousins, and have a tendency to be more lightweight. This makes them easier to use for small- to medium-duty tasks. This article will look into three popular electric hedge trimmers to help you to determine which is right for you.
Black & Decker HT22
- 22-inch dual-action blades cut branches faster and easier with 40-percent less vibration
- For cuting branches up to 3/4 inch diameter, Power Source :Electric
- Pre-hardened, rust resistant steel blades stay sharp longer
- Ideal for trimming of formal hedges and shrubs of all configuations
- Ergonomic design: This trimmer is well balanced, making it easier to handle. You won’t have to worry about it being top heavy or awkward, which will help you keep better control of the machine. This will allow you to get your job done without having to struggle with the machine itself.
- Lasting power: Because this is a corded trimmer, you won’t have to worry about a battery going dead or the trimmer running out of gas. Just make sure you have an extension cord handy that will easily reach the area you’re working, and make sure to be careful not to accidentally cut through the cord.
- Easy to use: With the power and ability of this trimmer, you’ll be able to get through your tasks in no time. It has little trouble with thicker branches and is designed to be easy to maneuver. You won’t have to worry about the design or weight causing you any problems. Just plug it in and go!
- Receiving problems: In some cases, there have been issues with this trimmer arriving in nonworking order. This can cause a problem if you’re looking to get going right off the bat, so make sure to do a lot of research and have plenty of knowledge about the warranty, just to be safe.
- No on/off lock: Unlike many other models, this trimmer doesn’t have a lock on/off switch; this means it can accidentally be switched off while in use. If you’re interested in purchasing this model, it would be a good idea to keep in mind that you will need to be careful not to hit the button without meaning to. While it’s not very likely to happen, also be careful not to accidentally turn it on while cleaning it or otherwise tending to the trimmer without the intention of using it.
This trimmer comes with a set of 22” dual action blades designed to make your job easier. They have a 3/4” cutting capacity, which rivals even some of the gas-powered hedge trimmers. The blades on this trimmer are also made from pre-hardened rust-resistant materials so not only will you not have to worry about their capabilities, but you’ll also feel safe knowing that they are unlikely to rust in the event that the blades themselves should get wet. Keep in mind as you work that it isn’t a good idea to use electric hedge trimmers in damp weather.
- Corded hedge trimmer with a powerful 4 amp motor
- 22-inch-long cutting bar; hardened steel blades
- Easily cuts through branches up to 9/16-inch thick
- Dual-action cutting system reduces vibration; cord-lock system
- Measures 8 by 8 by 36 inches; 2-year warranty
- High quality: This trimmer has a powerful, sharp cut that allows you to cut cleanly and leave everything looking well taken care of.
- Weight: It’s very lightweight, which makes it incredibly easy to use. That’s a great point if you’re looking for a tool that isn’t going to wear you out or cause you strain.
- Safe: The safety lock on this trimmer is also in easy reach, allowing you to turn it on or off as needed without too much difficulty. Overall, it’s a very neat little trimmer with a lot of power packed into a small, easy-to-maneuver package.
- Cord Spool: One problem customers have run into is the cord spool on this trimmer getting stuck, and being unable to get more length from the cord itself. Sometimes this is fixable at home, while other times it may require taking the device to be repaired.
- Overheating: Some customers have also experienced this trimmer overheating after only about half an hour of use, which can be frustrating and can sometimes lead to the trimmer breaking down if it isn’t properly addressed. This is yet another good reason to make sure you know the information included on the warranty prior to purchase.
This trimmer comes with a powerful 4-amp motor and a 22” cutting bar made from hardened steel blades. With that kind of cutting power, you can’t go wrong! It also has a 9/16” cutting capacity, which is less than the other trimmers in this article, but it doesn’t mean this trimmer is worth any less. All this indicates the kind of job this trimmer should be used for, rather than the kind of job the others are capable of. The dual-action cutting system on this trimmer helps reduce vibration, making it more comfortable to use.
- Lightweight at only 5.7 pounds
- 24-Inch blade set allows more reach up and across hedges
- 3/4-Inch cutting diameter and dual action blades
- 4.0 Amp and 2600 spam
- Easy Maintenance: The maintenance on this model is incredibly easy, which isn’t uncommon with corded models. Unlike their gas-powered cousins, with these trimmers all you have to do is clean off the blades, unplug, wrap up the cord and then store the trimmer in a safe place until you need it again.
- Well Balanced: On this particular trimmer, the motor is located behind the handle. This gives it a very well-balanced design that makes it very easy to use. Nobody wants to have to lug around a heavy piece of machinery that will wear on their muscles, and with this trimmer you won’t have to.
- Overheating: Some customers have described problems with this trimmer overheating relatively quickly. Sometimes that can be a sign that the branches are too thick for the trimmer to handle, causing the device to work too hard. If you find that your device has this problem, it would be a good idea to get in touch with the manufacturer as soon as possible so that their customer service can work with you to find a solution. Likely, companies like WORX do understand that great customer service is just as important as a quality product.
This trimmer only weighs a mere 5.7 lbs., making it incredibly easy to maneuver and carry around. It has a 24” blade set, which is a little bit longer than the other trimmers listed, giving you just a bit more reaching ability. This model had a 3/4” cutting capacity, so it can handle just about any job you throw at it. The blades are dual-action, allowing you to work in more than one direction. This trimmer also has a 4-amp motor, making it quite powerful for such a lightweight device. You won’t have to worry about whether or not it can get the job done.
Frequently Asked Questions
Last update on 2018-11-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API